Because we know that young children really love to learn about animals, Age of Learning recently launched a new ABCmouse Zoo apps for Apple and Android tablets and smartphones. The app currently features 15 types of animals, presented in photorealistic animations, that you and your child can visit anytime, anywhere—even if you are offline!
The ABCmouse Zoo app offers
- 15 animated animal exhibits
- 15 basic facts and 15 advanced facts for each animal
- 4 interactive quizzes for each animal
- Language development and vocabulary building
If you’re a current ABCmouse member, you can download and use this app for free just by logging in:
- ABCmouse Zoo app for iPad and iPhone (iTunes Store)
- ABCmouse Zoo app for Android tablets and smartphones (Google Play Store)
- ABCmouse Zoo app from Amazon (Appstore for Android)
Not a member yet? Subscribe online or through this app to access the full ABCmouse experience and begin your family’s learning adventure.
The Mastering Math app offers a set of fun learning games that personalize to your child. This adaptive game-based app helps preschool and prekindergarten children build a strong understanding of the most fundamental math concepts: the numbers one to ten and the quantities for which they stand. Having that foundation is a key milestone of kindergarten readiness.
With engaging characters and scenarios, individualized learning pathways, and continuous assessment built into every level of every game, Mastering Math helps children achieve proficiency through practice that incorporates repetition and variation—both of which are educational methods important to successful learning.
Current ABCmouse members can use this app completely free just by logging in. If you are not yet a member, you can subscribe through this app to begin your family’s ABCmouse learning adventure.
The Mastering Math app offers:
• Fun characters and engaging scenarios
• Games that moderate difficulty based on your child’s abilities
• Game-based instruction for three math topics: number sequences, numeral recognition, and counting objects
The Mastering Math app contains NO third-party advertising and DOES NOT share any personally identifiable information about you or your child with third parties.
If you’re an ABCmouse member, you can download the free app with the following links, or search for “ABCmouse” in the iTunes store or Google Play store:
We were thrilled with the results of a two-year longitudinal study of the efficacy of ABCmouse. The study examined the academic impact of the integration of our ABCmouse Early Learning Academy into prekindergarten and kindergarten classrooms. An article about the study was recently published in the Journal of Applied Research on Children.
The study found that students who completed more ABCmouse learning activities during the prekindergarten year scored higher on an assessment of kindergarten readiness skills than those who completed fewer activities. Results also showed that ABCmouse contributed to accelerated gains in literacy and math across several assessments throughout the kindergarten year. ABCmouse also appeared to help students who entered kindergarten less prepared catch up to their peers. Increased usage correlated with positive academic outcomes: the more students used ABCmouse, the more likely they were to make gains in math and literacy skills.
3 Key Findings of the Study
- Kindergarten readiness: Greater usage of ABCmouse (more learning activities completed) resulted in higher kindergarten readiness scores at the end of pre-k.
- Accelerated learning in kindergarten: Regular ABCmouse usage in kindergarten helped to accelerate students’ learning gains in literacy and mathematics skills on multiple assessments.
- Learning activities: The number of ABCmouse learning activities completed was a strong predictor of literacy and math outcomes at the end of kindergarten.